Salaris EUR35000 - EUR45000 per annum
Consultant Billy Brouwer
Datum online 14 februari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Walters People The Netherlands
Are you communicative, analytical, good with IT-systems and are you looking for a new opportunity for a longer period? I’m looking for someone who is flexible, wants to work in different shifts (morning, afternoon and evening) and also has some experience within financial services, customer experience and or with back office trading? Please keep reading!
For an international trading platform focussing on the energy market I’m looking for a Market Operator. As a Market Operator you need to be able to work 24/7, i.e. in day, evening and night shifts throughout the whole year (so also on holidays and weekends). The planning will be made months in advance, so you will know when you need to work. The company is operating throughout whole Europe and are the market leader on energy trading. As a Market Operator you will be responsible to monitor the different trading platforms, which are open 24/7.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Match supply and demand with the help of automated auction (trading) systems, as well as take care of timely and reliable reporting
- Pro-actively approach and solve operational problems as experienced by (potential) participants, and on request provide information in full compliance with rules and guidelines concerning confidential data
- Process and analyse market information produced or received by the exchange market
- Take care of and be responsible for the daily operational trading processes of external parties, as per agreed Service Level Agreements, in which reliability, speed, and accuracy are crucial
- Execute validation tests of new systems and system upgrades
- Support internal and external projects, for instance by participating in testing phases or by training fellow operators
- Prepare and assist in the implementation phase of new markets, products and/or systems
Skills and Qualifications:
- Be willing and able to work 24/7, i.e. in day, evening and night shifts throughout the whole year (so also on holidays and weekends)
- You’ve finished a bachelor or equivalent degree and have 2 years working experience in a comparable job (customer experience and or back office-trading).
- You have affinity with the energy market, preferably with electricity trading, other commodities and/or stocks.
- You have strong analytical skills, numerical insight and are accurate and quick-minded.
- You are a strong communicator.
- You are comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem-solving.
- You are able to work following strict procedures and fixed work instructions, whilst at the same time pro-actively looking to propose changes or improvements for (new) processes.
- Being a team-player, at the same time you are able to work independently and are flexible.
- You like to keep learning and are inquisitive by nature.
- Microsoft Office has no secrets for you: you have thorough experience with Excel (incl. Visual basic), Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch, German and/or French is considered a plus.
- Yearly salary between €35.000 and €45.000 gross, dependable on experience
- One year contract
- 32 hours a week, shifts from (07:00 – 15:00, 15:00 – 23:00, 23:00 – 07:00)
- Working in Amsterdam
- Travel allowance
Are you the market operator, who is flexible in time and good with systems? Please react immediately!