Inventory and Cost Accountant
Consultant Huib Jan Verhoef
Datum online 17 mei 20192019-05-17 2019-07-16 manufacturing-and-production Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Walters People
As the Inventory / Cost Accountant, you will have a key position in the Finance Shared Service center. In this role, you will be responsible for the correct set up of inventory costing that is ultimately driving gross margin, operational reporting of inventory related topics, as well as working closely together with both finance, demand planners and warehouse managers in the field.
Our client is one of the largest watch makers in the world. A privately-held company with multiple units and over 5000 employees worldwide. The Netherlands, has recently seen expansion and functions as a Corporate Trade Office serving both the EMEA and APAC regions.
They are decentralised in structure until recently. From a strategic perspective, it has been decided to centralise a number of business activities in order to realise greater cost efficiencies and to create more synergy at group level whilst still retaining strategic business units and manufacturing facilities globally.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage monthly inventory & cost accounting activities within Oracle General Ledger and OBIEE/Data warehouse.
- Review/monitor Geodis (3PL) Inventory adjustments/transactions posted to the General Ledger.
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliations.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for the following inventory related accounts: Freight, Duty, PPV, FIFO, In-Transit accounts
- Record necessary inventory related journal entries during month end close ie; accruals; adjusting entries; reclasses etc.
- Prepare new product set ups in Oracle as required.
- Prepare and issue weekly/ monthly reports to various internal customers and external customers.
- Prepare annual audit schedules for inventory accounts.
- Support the growth, development, and functionality of the business with regards to maintaining accurate transactional details, demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the core inventory processes, and continuously seek opportunities for process improvement.
- Proactively identify and communicate inventory issues/propose solutions/alternatives as they arise.
- Assist with Ad-hoc projects and analyses as deemed necessary; requested by management
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other economic studies
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization
- A hands-on mentality with experience in setting up processes
- Disciplined self-starter and team player
- A minimum of two years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Oracle experience is a pre
- Privately-held company
- European operations in Hoofddorp
- Over 5000 employees worldwide
- Fixed contract
- Long term employment
- Competitive secondary benefits
Are you interested in the role of Inventory and Cost Accountant and do you want to be in contact to discuss the recruitment procedure? Apply now and we wil be in contact with you.
Team Walters People