General Ledger Accountant EMEA
Consultant Siewerd Bohncke
Datum online 9 augustus 2018 2018-08-092018-09-01 it Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Walters People The Netherlands
I'm looking for a General Ledger Accountant EMEA for an international IT company. The GL Accountant will get overall accounting and reporting responsibility for several countries in the EMEA region. This includes month end closing activities regarding Balance Sheet Accounts and Profit & Loss Accounts. In addition the GL Accountant is responsible for annual statutory reporting under local/US GAAP of the countries assigned with the assistance of local advisors.
The company is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today - join them as they solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity. Intelligent insight and hard work makes things easy for their customers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure correct and timely accounting in Oracle and/or Excel, based on information provided by / obtained from operating units in the assigned countries
- Team with the Accounts Payable Specialist on your assigned countries
- Perform Account Reconciliation and Analysis
- Calculate and post overhead allocations
- Monitoring and review of automated postings
- Monitoring overhead expenses, incl. posting of accruals when necessary
- Analyze fluctuations in overhead expenses and provide explanations
- Intercompany process
- Preparation of data for external accountants
- Assist with compliance for statutory and (corporate & VAT) tax related work
- Contact point for tax department, local team members and external auditors
- Support the Manager Financial Services on ad-hoc projects and/or daily tasks.
- SOX compliance
- Accounting education (HEAO, MEAO, SPD diploma or equivalent) or comparable accounting degree
- 2 - 4 years General Ledger accounting experience
- Can-do mentality
- Flexible team player
- Well organized and pro-active with regards to administrative improvements
- Must have the ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment
- Communication skills (English mandatory; one other European language is an advantage)
- Computer skills: MS Office (mainly Excel) literate; Oracle experience is an advantage
- Cross cultural and multi-lingual environment
- International accounting & reporting
- Opportunies and growth possibilities across departments
- Attractive salary package
- Office next to the trainstation
To find out more about this GL Accounting position please apply today!