International Senior Forwarder
Consultant Sebastiaan van der Velde
Datum online 31 augustus 2018 2018-08-312018-09-30 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Walters People The Netherlands
Do you have a passion for logistics? Are you a great communicator and able to build constructive relationships with customers and suppliers? Do you speak both Dutch as English fluently? Join our team if you're looking for a challenge as International Senior Forwarder and start a rewarding career!
For an international leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions in Amsterdam we are looking for an International Senior Forwarder.
As Senior International Senior Forwarder you are responsible for a correct settlement of all chartering and assets related transport orders of the customers, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved.
You are also responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the Customer Service department and hauliers / assets drivers, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Taking care of a correct settlement of all chartering and assets related transport orders wherein customers wishes / demands are leading
- Calculating and recalculating of dimensions, capacity, floor space and size / weight ratio, in order to gain maximum efficiency within legal standards
- Communicating with drivers / hauliers so that an optimal service and loading rate can be achieved
- Building constructive relationships with customers and suppliers in order to expand westbound forwarding opportunities within the department and organisation
- Administrative processing of data into the operational computer system, so that all departments / divisions will be kept informed correctly
Who are you?
As International Senior Forwarder you take responsibility and ownership and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics);
- Have a minimum of 5 years;
- Prefferably have experience with the Scandinavian, Central Eastern European and / or Spanish market;
- Have good command of Dutch and English languages, complimentary languages are preferred;
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages;
- Are customer orientated and have good topographical knowledge;
- Are able to create or attract new business opportunities, and think 'Out of the box'
We offer a competitive package in line with the seniority of the position.
Do you have what we're looking for and does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? Time to act!