Salaris EUR2400 - EUR2800 per month
Consultant Samuel Brown
Datum online 2 maart 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Walters People The Netherlands
Do you have several years experience with import and export within the aviation industry? Do you speak fluent Dutch and English? Do you have minimum a MBO certificate? Then you could be the Logistic Coordinator we are looking for!
Our client, based in the Schiphol area, is one of the largest providers of aviation parts and related aftermarket operations.
Our client distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers more than 2,000,000 catalogue items from 40 customer service centres located in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
The Logistic Coordinator is responsible for logistics activities and related systems information in the Netherlands warehouse. Responsible for distribution centre traffic, import-export licensing, shipment regulations of products and third-party vendor/carrier contracts. Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets and procedures to maximise compliance with customer needs within budget constraints. Interacts with vendors and peers in other departments to optimise systems and procedures. Evaluates, identifies and recommends areas to improve logistics plans that affect production, distribution, inventory, equipment and facilities.
Provides administrative support for logistics transport and distribution. Processes freight claims and monitors import/export shipments
Ensures timely processing of required documentation for the import and export of material
Monitors flow of material to ensure timely movement of material to and from the warehouse
Maintains import and export regulations and compliance documentation
- Responsible for processing transportation management documentation for import/export shipments worldwide
- Maintains records and enters data into databases or other systems to ensure up-to-date transportation records and to track the status of shipments
- Respond to internal and customer inquires and escalated issues regarding delivery times and the status of shipments and orders so that inquiries are dealt with promptly and accurately
- Contact shipping agencies, transport companies, and/or customers to verify delivery prices and schedules for products
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned
Minimum of a MBO certificate in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Several years of experience on import/export department in the aviation industry
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Possess good written and verbal communication skill
- Able to work autonomously
- Experience in MS Outlook, Excel (experience with SAP is a plus)
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- This position will be based in the Netherlands (Nieuw-Vennep/Schiphol area)
- Competitive salary
- International Environment
- Possibilities for growth and development
- Social team